Advert

Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Pleasure of Attending.

For the privacy of the family and friends, the names in this blog post have been changed.


Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a funeral. You might say "pleasure? What are you smoking?" It was a happy / sad funeral. It was sad because the family had lost a mother, wife and friend. That is always obvious at funerals. It is a tough time for the  community that knew  Lucy. The happy part of the funeral was this. I did not know Lucy. I only knew her son, George. I went to support him in this tough time. Having said this, I walked away from the church knowing Lucy. She sounds like a great, strong and loving women. 


George stood up and gave an amazing show of strength and courage. Talking about your late mom is never easy and he did amazingly well. He flew out from the USA about a month ago alone and has dealt with this alone in terms of without his own family. His friends and family here stood up and were there for him. Hats off to them too!


I walked away from the church uplifted. It's not often that happens after a funeral service. It happened and I am glad myself and my wife made the effort to go. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family during this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment