Advert

Friday, August 26, 2011

Get High - It is Good For You

I recently started gyming again, but seriously gyming, and it has proven to be the best decision I've made in a long time!


I know we all complain that there's not enough time, and it's hard to stay motivated etc., but trust me, it really is worth it. There have been many benefits, amongst them improved fitness and health, but most importantly improved self-confidence and happiness.


It's a scientific fact that exercise releases feel-good endorphins and I've found this to be true. You know you're doing something to improve yourself and nothing beats that feeling you get after a good, hard workout. It also has spin-offs in the work place. You carry yourself better and trust in yourself and your work., and people can see the difference.


Here are my personal tips for how to gym and how to keep motivated:


1. Find a gym buddy who you have to meet at the gym. This way you'll let someone else down if you don't go.


2. Find an exercise routine which interests you. You don't have to do the standard exercises. Mix it up.


3. Change your routine regularly. This will keep your body confused and will ensure you see results faster.


4. Set targets for yourself, but make them realistic. There's no point in setting an unrealistic goal as this will just cause you to become demotivated. Targets can include:


- Losing weight,


- Going down a size (muscle weighs more than fat, so don't be upset if you don't lose weight),


- Finishing your gym session quicker (this will help you to tone),


- Upping your weights (more for guys than girls)


A combination of the above will see you getting the best results.


5. You are what you eat! I had a good laugh to myself at some of the party girls I worked with. They always complained about their weight and how much they were gyming but they just weren't getting the results.


I don't think they got the fact that excessive alcohol consumption, along with a poor diet, will do that to you. One drink takes about a week of gym to work off, so you do the math.


Good advice I received, and which I'm now trying with positive results, is not to have any carbs after lunch. This sounds hard, but essentially all you have to do is cut out rice and potatoes with your supper.


6. The most important piece of advice has been saved for last. When you train, train hard! There's no point going to the gym for a chat session. You're there to work, so do your best.


I hope this helps you in some way.


Editors note: This is a guest post by Stephen Smith and not always the opinion or view of the blog or its owners and related parties. As a result no action can be taken against such parties
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment