Advert

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Who Is responsible?

I recently lost a very close friend (33) and her son (8) to the most horrific accident on Athlone Bridge in Durban. The person responsible for this horrific dead was blind drunk out of his mind.


I would be interested to know how many people in Durban alone have lost loved ones to drunken driving accidents and what is being done about it.

I suggest that all bar owners should be held accountable.  They are after all selling the drink to the idiots that do not know when to stop.  They should all be issued with breathalyzer equipment to test their patrons to see if they are over the limit and then confiscate their keys.  Perhaps even hire taxies to take the drunken people home.  Should they not comply their licenses should be taken away from them.  I am not anti drinking just anti drunk driving.

I also realize that people also drink at home parties, etc and then get into their cars and drive.  Again the host of that house should be held accountable.

The death of my friend has ruined many lives – family, husband, surviving children and many friends.  I realize I am not the first person this has happened to and I am sure I won’t be the last but let’s stand together to do something about this disgraceful situation.

Perhaps the courts are not being serious enough about this situation.  I unfortunately for all those anti smokers out there am a smoker and the rules for smokers in public places has become so ridiculously strict but even though I smoke I do agree that why should a non smoker breath in my cigarette smoke.  So if they can clamp down so hard on smoking then why not on drinking also.

What about smoking whilst driving? I don’t smoke in my car but if I did:  Drinking and driving = dangerous as opposed to smoking and driving.  You tell me which is more dangerous?
 
Editors note: This is a guest post by Stephanie Hodgkins and not always the opinion or view of the blog or its owners and related parties. As a result no action can be taken against such parties. Stephanie recently lost a very close friend (33) and her son (8) to the most horrific accident on Athlone Bridge in Durban. Our thoughts and prayers go out to her and the family and friends affected by this tragic event.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment