Advert

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Leave nothing to doubt

"Leave everything on the road - Leave nothing to doubt" is a phrase that I have come to use in my life. It originated on the tar roads of Durban on my road bike but has crept into all aspects of my life! Here is how it came about ... these are the words I wrote down after a cycling event last year. It was 50 km done on the tandem with my dad.


I know that in the past, in terms of sporting events, I always hold thereby keeping something in reserve just in case. This was probably me being scared of hitting the wall and having to suffer home. Well not this time. This time I left it all out on the road. I look back now  and can say that I could not have done any more - I left nothing to doubt today.


The result was that afterwards I could not stand up straight but could stand tall. not because we had won the race on the day but because I know I did everything and gave everything I had that day. I do say that God provided me with not only the physical strength but most importantly the mental focus required to carry on when all I wanted to do was slow down and cruise on home.


A big day indeed. Laid everything down. Left everything on the road. But even with nothing left to doubt - the greatest part of it all was being able to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment